Wednesday, December 5, 2007

selling out on intermittent motion


I still think I'll need to come up with something to stop the Maltese cross from continuing to rotate, but I have some ideas. As always I am open to suggestions too.

Yes, my pin is made out of c60s:

I built a smaller test case of this last night. When the energy is minimized, the slots on the cross had a tendency to close. However the diamond slab is a lot like Jell-O at this scale, so maybe the pin will still slide in.

I am going to have all my pots cooking, simulation wise, over the next couple of weeks, plus finals, just saying.

MTF

1 comment:

Guy said...

Found a place that might interest you, if you don't already know about it:
http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/
it's an entire (free) collection of standardized kinematic models, devices and machines for controlling assorted motions. Maybe you can mine it for engineering ideas that will work better at the nano scale.