Wednesday, June 13, 2007

sending tryptophan on a little trip


I'll be simulating this overnight. It's a tryptophan pump. There is no special reason why I chose tryptophan, but this may be the start of some kind of filter that would sort out molecules of different sizes. I have no idea how to do it yet, but a sorter that sorted molecules based on chirality would be pretty neat; I understand a Nobel prize in chemistry was awarded for work based on chiral molecules. Regardless, I am going to crank up the torque and see what shakes loose on her. However I am relying solely on the random motion of the tryptophan to cause it to enter the channel; that may be a weak point.

The orrery is coming along. I just wanted to make some minor adjustments and see if anything changed. If all goes well, that simulation should also be done tomorrow too.

As always, more to follow.

No comments: