Friday, May 11, 2007

movement 114 version IV


What happened to version III? It didn't work. For version III, I built some low profile diamondoid teeth, but kept the sulfur atoms on the pinion to drive the rack. They just slipped past again, but it took another 43 hours to find that out. This is version IV. I doubled the height of the rack teeth and went with a conventional benzene-cnt pinion. Well, we will see how this design works out in a couple days. Keep your fingers crossed for the whole simulation time; I recommend tapping them together which is what I have done. It is likely in the next couple of days you will see scores of people walking around with their fingers tapped together in support, be sure to say hi.*



*I do not believe superstitions are any substitute for good design, but it can't hurt.

No comments: