Monday, May 28, 2007

the finished Low Friction Carbon Nanotube Bearing... more or less


I finished the bearing tonight except mine looks a little pinched. I will have to extend the center tube slightly to ever use it, but that's no big deal. For tonight it looks like I am turning my back, slightly, on being a vastly patient professional. I am shamed.

Damian has posted a very interesting tutorial regarding this bearing on his blog. He says more, and in a better way, than I could. If you are interested in nanostructures, and since your reading this it is a safe bet you are, I recommend checking it out.

Also, basically for the hell of it, I sent an email to Toshiba regarding a sponsorship. The good news is they haven't said no yet.

The Movement 114 simulation should be completed in a couple days. Regardless of how it turns out, I plan on making a very pretty animation with QuteMol of it.

More to follow.

No comments: