Wednesday, March 7, 2007

getting closer with the CNT SRG

My speed reduction box is coming along. I got some major help with the gear case. It is silicon carbide. I started trying to build one out of diamond even though SiC was recommended; my first case looked pretty crappy. This case is not done yet but gives a good idea of what the final look will be. I had to rebuild the drive and output gears to fit it. I used the same design for the outer sleeve portion of the small bearing as spacers to keep the drive and output gears aligned in the case. The middle gear bearing will be attached directly to the gear case. I'll be working on finishing the case next.

No comments: